Virgin has unveiled some new health protocols. View more info here.
Key pillars of the Voyage Well Plan include:
● Rapid and effective COVID-19 testing for all Sailors and Crew prior to embarking.
● Post-voyage notification process through which Sailors and Crew can report on becoming unwell within 14 days of leaving the shi* (through an ethical health tracking app).
● Advanced pre-boarding health checks and screenings for both our Crew and Sailors.
● Thermal Camera technology in terminals and on board to monitor our Crew and Sailors’ temperatures.
● Fair and flexible booking policies — from moving the final payment dates to 60 days (from 120 days) before sailing, ability to cancel up to 48 hours before and receive a 100% Future Voyage Credit for sailings through December 16th, 2020.
● Implementing best practices around sanitation, physical distancing, limited occupancy, and health checks for everyone onboard.
● Installing the latest technology from AtmosAir Solutions — an air purification system that disinfects air on board. Leveraging bi-polar Ionization technology that has been shown to kill 99.9% of viruses.
● Managing overall ship occupancy so appropriate physical distancing is possible across all public spaces.
● Leveraging digital onboard technology to limit contact; The Band (for contactless payment), Service Chat (for assistance digitally) and Virtual Queues (for getting in lines for onboard experiences without actually getting in physical lines).
● As has always been a part of the Virgin Voyages experience since first introducing the brand, there will be no communal food sharing, buffets or large dining halls, allowing for hygienic service of fresh food.