The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has significantly relaxed its cruise ship regulations for passengers and crew that have been vaccinated against COVID-19, paving the way for a quick U.S. restart.
Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises and Holland America Line are poised to restart service in Alaska this summer.
- Alaska Season Inches Closer as House Passes Bill, Biden to Sign Next
- Carnival, Princess and Holland America Set to Cruise in July in Alaska
- Carnival Corporation 2021 Alaska Start Deployment Rundown
The Marine Hotel Association (MHA) went virtual for its 36th annual conference and trade show.
Here are the conference sessions:
President Intro: https://youtu.be/tbGKXd731gw
Getting Back Into Service: https://youtu.be/6BzWIWEXSy8
Dr. Carlos Del Rio Keynote: https://youtu.be/oweVcNmjNjo
Meet the Industry: https://youtu.be/xZsj7uUyPx0
It’s been a busy April for the global cruise industry. Here are some of the top headlines.
- Cruise lines that announced restarts the week of April 4.
- Lines returning to service in North America and the Caribbean.
- Cruise lines sailing right now.
Check out the 40 new luxury cruise ships that are going to be entering service over the next few years. Read more.
A number of cruise ships are sailing in March, while more plan to start operations in a phased-in approach in Europe later this month. See the latest list here.